Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

follow up to my last post — brightness issues

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251359721

read the above thread for more info. i marked it as solved prematurely.

so i managed to get the screen working by draining the macbook of its battery and then restarting it by plugging it it while the ”out of battery” screen showed up. When i managed to log in I noticed the brightness was super strong, and i couldnt change it. if i pressed the brightness keys nothing happened, the little boxes didnt even show up on screen, but they still did for things like keyboard brightness and volume. i tried changing it manually in the display settings but the slider doesnt even appear. i also tried putting my hand over the camera to see if it would automatically lower. it did not. i tried restarting and got my original problem upon boot up — screen was black again, so i drained the battery again. i noticed this time that if i didnt plug the macbook in WHILE the out of battery screen was showing, then id still get the black screen problem. also, if i put it in sleep mode it goes black as well. i know the computer still works after ive woken it up thoug, because in trying to get it to wake up i accidentally messaged someone on my friends list on discord, implying it was very much awake but the screen brightness was just at 0. my guess is that it cant change screen brightness anymore for whatever reason, so when it goes black, it stays black, and when it goes bright, it stays bright. though i dont know why the battery being drained is the only thing that makes it bright again...

does anyone have any suggestions for what to do?

Posted on May 12, 2020 5:07 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

follow up to my last post — brightness issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.