You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware on replacement for right AirPod Pro is mismatched. Can't seem to pair to current left AirPod Pro.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

The replacement AirPod I recieved came with the 2B588 firmware, while my left AirPod is on the newer 2D15 firmware.

They work individually, but I can't seem to get them to work as a pair.

I've tried unpairing both and leaving them charging next to my iPhone for a few hours, and the right AirPod is still on the older firmware. Also tried them individually in the case after listening to music as suggested on some Reddit threads which didn't work.

Another weird thing is that the serial number for the replacement AirPod Pro is just "1".

Posted on May 12, 2020 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 11:56 AM

Hello,

You will need to call Apple for assistance.

Contact AppleCare

Similar questions

5 replies

May 22, 2020 6:00 AM in response to DinherTime

Did you get this sorted? I have the same issue, spent the past 24 hours trying everything I can think of to get the firmware to update on the replacement AirPod Pro. Tried pairing individually and letting it sit overnight, charging the whole time next to my iPhone. Now I've repaired the two originals in the case and just placed the replacement in the case and I'm using my iPad instead. It's driving me crazy, support wasn't much help. I need these for work conference calls and it's insane to me that getting one replaced under warranty doesn't have a better process for making them work. I guess I should have kept my crackling one.

May 25, 2020 6:16 PM in response to Like2Detail

Yeah.

I ended up using the old firmware Airpod to listen to some music while I was cooking, and leaving one with the newer firmware in it's case and charging. When I finished and put it back in the case, the Airpods updated overnight. I've done this multiple times before and they've never updated.

Not sure what triggered the update because they were unmatched for several days before that happened. So frustrating that there isn't a force update option in the settings.

Firmware on replacement for right AirPod Pro is mismatched. Can't seem to pair to current left AirPod Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.