Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I make my own music files (mp3). I used my iMac to transfer these files to my iphone, in the Music folder. It worked fine. However, now these files are all gone. Why? How do I get them back? I am very, very, very disappointed in my iPhone!!

I put my own mp3 files into the music folder of my iPhone (6e). I could play them via Bluetooth in my car. However, they have disappeared from my phone. How do I get them back? Why did they get deleted in the first place? How can I prevent this from happening again? I am very, very, very disappointed in my iPhone. This behavior must stop!!

Posted on May 16, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:37 PM

You should have these MP3s in your music/itunes app in iMac then Sync to the phone.

Any sync subsequently will empty your phone's music app and replace with your sync choice in itunes/Finder settings.

It is how apple sync has always worked in both music and photos.

Note Catalina is Music/Finder. Mojave and older is iTunes

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 2:37 PM in response to tunapat

You should have these MP3s in your music/itunes app in iMac then Sync to the phone.

Any sync subsequently will empty your phone's music app and replace with your sync choice in itunes/Finder settings.

It is how apple sync has always worked in both music and photos.

Note Catalina is Music/Finder. Mojave and older is iTunes

I make my own music files (mp3). I used my iMac to transfer these files to my iphone, in the Music folder. It worked fine. However, now these files are all gone. Why? How do I get them back? I am very, very, very disappointed in my iPhone!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.