Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 pro 13 inch - black horizontal lines on bottom of screen

Hi everyone!

I have Macbook pro 13 inch 2017 model. For last 5-6 months, black lines like shadow appears on bottom of screen. I know lots of people having same problem but i didnt see any solution yet. I called the apple support service and i tried everything they said like sms reset, nvram reset etc. but still same. I know this is about hardware because it doesnt appear on screenshots. It's out of warranty.

Would be great if anyone help me to fix this issue. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2020 8:58 AM

1 reply

May 18, 2020 6:57 AM in response to oğuz186

Hello oğuz186,

It sounds like you have an issue with the display on your MacBook Pro with multiple small vertical lines and a dark, shadowed horizontal line towards the bottom. I can definitely help you with this.

You have done a lot of the correct troubleshooting yourself that I would have gotten you to do which saves you a lot of time. the resets and screenshot do make me believe that it is a hardware issue with your device.

The best solution for you would be to contact Apple Support and set up a repair for your device- Mac Service and Repair.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Take a screenshot on your Mac

2017 pro 13 inch - black horizontal lines on bottom of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.