Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

left side AirPod not working with Mac mini 2020

my left side AirPods is not working with a Mac mini 2020. The same AirPods work both sides, for my iPhone X, and Apple Watch series 4.

I have tried removing the AirPods from the Mac bluetooth. This had the effect of removing from all devices on my iCloud account. I then did the pairing again with my iPhone. The problem with the left side still remains.

The Mac is running 10.15.4 Catalina

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 18, 2020 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 4:21 PM

I figured it out. From the volume control, I select sound preferences. In there I go to output. The balance was set to right, which is why the left was not emitting any noise. It may be a default on Catalina, as this Mac is new from the factory. Certainly it will confuse a lot of users if that is the case.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 4:21 PM in response to AppleJen77

I figured it out. From the volume control, I select sound preferences. In there I go to output. The balance was set to right, which is why the left was not emitting any noise. It may be a default on Catalina, as this Mac is new from the factory. Certainly it will confuse a lot of users if that is the case.

May 19, 2020 8:40 AM in response to rossb2

Hi there, rossb2!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you’re having an issue with the left AirPods not working when you connect your AirPods to your Mac. Since the AirPods work properly when connected to other devices, I suggest checking out this article to Reset your AirPods.

If the issues continue after resetting, I would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Contact Apple Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Have a great day!

left side AirPod not working with Mac mini 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.