Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad failure iPad Magic Keyboard

Has anyone had intermitten issues with the trackpad? I use a normal case for in bed and then put it back on the magic keyboard case in the morning. for the second day in a week, the trackpad does not work, last time it happened it just started working the next day.

the iPad is up to date and a Magic Trackpad works fine as well.

any advise would be appreciated.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 19, 2020 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 4:55 PM

If you have your Magic Keyboard connected to power, try removing the iPad Pro from the Magic Keyboard, unplug the USB-C power cable where it's connected to the keyboard as well. Wait about 10-20 seconds then re-attach the iPad Pro to the Magic Keyboard without the power connected. Worked for me.

Plugged USB-C power back in and still running fine. Maybe has something to do with power? Perhaps engineering team can look into that.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 4:55 PM in response to Paronomadiac

If you have your Magic Keyboard connected to power, try removing the iPad Pro from the Magic Keyboard, unplug the USB-C power cable where it's connected to the keyboard as well. Wait about 10-20 seconds then re-attach the iPad Pro to the Magic Keyboard without the power connected. Worked for me.

Plugged USB-C power back in and still running fine. Maybe has something to do with power? Perhaps engineering team can look into that.

Jun 9, 2020 5:21 PM in response to DTimV

I did a chat with a support representitive (Sabastian) and he suggested pressing the up volume button briefly, then the down volume button briefly, then holf the power button to turn of the iPad. When I restarted the ipad I had the curser and the touch pad was functioning. It continues to function. I lost my connection to him and could not thank him.

trackpad failure iPad Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.