Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie deleted audio bug & backward audio bug

There are 2 bugs (I think it's a bug. But I'm sure one of them is a bug) that I face when I was editing my video project in iMovie:

1. (This one i'm not sure it's a bug) So on the third day when I was editing my video, when the audio lines (the line that has the rotated triangle on top of it) is moved to the left, my audio that I attached to pictures are playing, but backward. It so annoying. However, on the first and second day, if I move the audio lined to the left or right, the audio is not playing. It only plays when I click the play button. How do I fix this?
  2. (This one I'm sure it's a bug) So I deleted and audio and change it with another audio. Some part of the audio that I deleted is still there. So it's like overlapping, even though I did not overlap the audio. The weird part about this is that when I put no audio, and the audio lines pass the audio that I deleted is still playing, even though there is no audio there.

Please help. thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 8:26 AM

1. Click on the View menu item and turn off Audio Skimming.

2.To get rid of the phantom audio, try deleting preferences by

opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to

delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library.

Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if that solves the

audio issues.

If the above does not solve it, try creating a new project and copying over your media into it.

See if the audio works correctly in the new project.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 8:26 AM in response to bintang07

1. Click on the View menu item and turn off Audio Skimming.

2.To get rid of the phantom audio, try deleting preferences by

opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to

delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library.

Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if that solves the

audio issues.

If the above does not solve it, try creating a new project and copying over your media into it.

See if the audio works correctly in the new project.

-- Rich

Jul 1, 2020 2:15 PM in response to sade dublin

If you have tried my earlier suggestions without success, then at this point I am stumped as to what is going on.

You might want to contact Apple Support and see if the savvy techs there have any suggestions Click on the Contact Support item in the upper left hand corner of this forum's screen. Navigate to a point where you can enter your phone number. The support techs have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, that we cannot do here So, hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of this for you .

-- Rich

iMovie deleted audio bug & backward audio bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.