Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Download from App Store Not Working

I am trying to download the Mojave installer from the App Store it starts out very slow and then just stops. I have tried it three times over a period of about four hours. It only gets about 343kb downloaded before it stops, see screen grab.

Is Apple having some server issues?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 22, 2020 7:51 PM

10 replies

May 23, 2020 6:24 AM in response to Mark Romine

As I say best results with a cabled connection.

Then use Safari as your browser, there are problems with Firefox.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Go to Section 4, click on Get macOS Mojave this will link you to the App Store Mojave download page.

It should say 'Get' if it says 'Open' then look in your Applications folder and locate Install macOS Mojave.app

move it to the Trash, empty the Trash. Restart your mac and try again.

May 24, 2020 7:46 AM in response to Mark Romine

Well it has finally been figured out. Not by me but by Apple.

I tried all the things that were being recommended here and nothing was working yet in the past on this very system I have on numerous occasions downloaded and installed an OS or OS update.

The problem was the very last thing I would have ever thought about.

After about 30-35 minute conversation on the phone with an Apple tech guy and after several tests he narrowed it down to Malware. So he had me download Malwarebytes, it found and cleaned out about 30 pieces of Malware. After which the download proceeded as it should and I now have Mojave installed.

I would never have guessed in a million years that I had a malware problem.

May 23, 2020 6:06 AM in response to Eau Rouge

That is not a very particle solution. Not impossible but certainly not practical.

I have downloaded and installed every single OS and their subsequent in-between updates via WiFi since Apple started making the OS available for download. I have never had an issue until now and I'm even using an Apple branded router. :) To top that off the link that I was using to try to download the OS was provided by an Apple Senior tech support person. Go figure.

Is there any other link that you or anyone else can provide to me to try and download Mojave?

Thank you

May 23, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you for trying to help.

I'm getting the same results, this is the same link that I was sent previously. It stalls at 343kb.

Is there another link from somewhere else other than the app store that I can try?

Please do not suggest again to hardwire my machine to the router that is not practical it would take a cable that is 50' or more in length to reach the router.

May 23, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Eau Rouge

An update.

I moved the iMac with 3-3.5' of the Airport Time Capsule. The Time capsule has a green light on it. I then opened the Airport Utility and it shows that I have a good connection too but it was telling me that I needed to update the firmware so I did that. So after the firmware updated I deleted the previous Mojave download attempt. I turned off my WiFi and then rebooted, went to your link above to try downloading the installer and again the same thing. It downloads 343kb of the installer and stops. I am now hardwired, I can surf the net with no issues.

Does this download actually work? Have you guys checked it recently?

Any other ideas?

Mojave Download from App Store Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.