Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch podcast app requires Apple ID sign in on iphone - NOT Working

I have never been able to play podcasts from my Apple Watch. Everytime I open the app on the watch it says " Sign Into your Apple ID in General in the apple Watch app on your Iphone".

When I go into the Apple Watch app on the phone, I am already signed into my Apple ID.

This has gone on for 2 years.

I have restarted both the phone and the watch. No luck.I have an iphone 11 and the series 3 Apple Watch. Both are up to date with software.

I have read that you can reset your Apple watch and that may fix the issue. But I really dont want to do that and lose my watch data.

Please help.

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on May 23, 2020 1:12 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2020 9:31 AM in response to JulesOPKS

Hi JulesOPKS,

Thanks for your post! I see that you are unable to listen to podcasts on your Apple Watch Series 3. I see you have performed some troubleshooting but the issue has persisted.

At this point I would agree with the Apple community and recommend you Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. I understand you do not want to lose any data, so I recommend that when Set up your Apple Watch, you Restore Apple Watch from a backup.

Now issues can remain in backups, so if the issue persists after you restore from your iCloud backup, then repeat the same process and do not restore from a backup. This would mean that no data would be brought back onto the watch.

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Apple Watch podcast app requires Apple ID sign in on iphone - NOT Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.