Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Randomly Disconnects on Macbook Pro

The internet on my MacBook Pro OSX (Mountain Lion, 10.9.5) randomly disconnects and reconnects from the internet.

I go into Internet Diagnostics and when it disconnects, ISP, Internet, and Server are red and I lose connection from web browsers. When I go to Network via system preferences, it says “Wi-fi is turned on but not connected to a network” before turning back on its own after 5-20 seconds.

Sometimes It doesn’t disconnect randomly after a long period of time (4-5+ hours), but most of the time it randomly disconnects every 3-5 minutes.

It also flat out disconnects 100%, Wi-fi settings, network settings, ISP, Server, Internet, they all are red in internet diagnostic sometimes and the internet bar is gray. Most of the time, I have to reconnect again manually instead of it turning on it’s own. Things I’ve tried:

>Renewing DHCP Lease

>Changing DNS Servers

>Using a VPN

>Restarting my Macbook

>Deleting Wi-Fi service then re-adding it again.

Please give me any other tips or some clue to fixing it, I’ll try to provide any information that may be useful to fixing it and I’ll try to reply to any comments

MacBook

Posted on May 24, 2020 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Internet Randomly Disconnects on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.