Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 pro need a fix!

I have recently picked up the 2020 Macbook Pro with the 10th generation processor. Now I primarily use my laptop for Final Cut Pro and and every time I seem to do an edit with 8 bit 4K footage with the edit normally being around the 10-minute Mark it seems to keep crashing every 30 minutes or so and and I have tried absolutely everything including reinstalling the operating system and just reinstalling Final Cut Pro. Now a lot of people from what I understand are having the beachballing issue with these exact models and from what I can deduce it is a memory leak issue potentially now what is very disappointing is that when speaking to Apple they are not willing to acknowledge this issue. When I've been doing stress test on the GPU for example it seems to have a performance limit

Posted on May 25, 2020 3:54 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

May 25, 2020 4:09 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

It's the 13 inch and integrated graphics, so basically on final cut pro, which apple designed, it will keep crashing, yet DaVinci resolve and premiere Pro will work absolutely fine on it? So is this a hardware issue or a software issue? Because to me it looks like apple havnt done a good job with their systems on this new G7 graphics?

May 25, 2020 4:21 PM in response to mike_el

Course there could something else in the system, like Clean My Mac or Chrome or something d from an older OS (did you do a clean install by the way) or a few others things I can’t remember. So straight playback and basic editing that system should be good enough and shouldn’t crash, but I’ve never tested a machine without a dedicated graphics card. There probably is something in the 2020 machines that is different. Certainly didn’t hear this many problems in the 2019 machines, even the 13”.

May 25, 2020 4:39 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I did do a fresh install of MacOS and just installed Final Cut Pro and I had the same issues!

I have a YouTuber Friend who also mentioned the same problem and again thinks it's an optimisation issue with final cut pro but other video apps are fine. My issue is that my main work load is final cut pro, and weirdly enough, my 2020 won't actually ramp up the fans during export. I think there must be an issue with my unit because even when I ran Unigine Valley, it was like the MacBook wouldn't do what was asked. Must be a faulty unit but I think Apple needs to have a look into this, I've sent near 20 reports now in 3 days of crashes

May 26, 2020 11:57 AM in response to mike_el

Exactly the same issue here, with the new 2020 $1799 model! I've called Apple Support today and they don't want to acknowledge the issue. The person whom I called today said that they don't get enough phone calls about this issue, so it must be my individual problem!!

I'm not sure what to do, but I've got a few days left to return this laptop and I'm seriously debating this now. I've tried absolutely everything.

2020 pro need a fix!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.