Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 13.5 draining battery

Ios 13.5 draining my battery fast

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 25, 2020 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 4:26 PM

I am seeing the same thing on two different iPhones. I have Background App Refresh disabled, and I'm seeing 100% usage for all hours, including while I'm asleep. The fact that I'm seeing the drain on two phones points to a problem in 13.5. I never had this problem before. I'm thinking maybe apps aren't being suspended properly by the OS.

I've since toggled Background App Refresh on and back off and restarted my phones. Things seem to have improved, as I'm currently not seeing 100% usage, but I'll continue to monitor.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 4:26 PM in response to Syedmsadiq

I am seeing the same thing on two different iPhones. I have Background App Refresh disabled, and I'm seeing 100% usage for all hours, including while I'm asleep. The fact that I'm seeing the drain on two phones points to a problem in 13.5. I never had this problem before. I'm thinking maybe apps aren't being suspended properly by the OS.

I've since toggled Background App Refresh on and back off and restarted my phones. Things seem to have improved, as I'm currently not seeing 100% usage, but I'll continue to monitor.

Jul 5, 2020 2:55 PM in response to Syedmsadiq

I spent 2 hours 4 days ago with Apple tech support and was told after the scan my battery was good but wondered if Facebook and instant messenger were up to date on my iPhone 6s and they were, they said the was a software issue and asked me to delete them both and add them back and set up a call back for the next day at 3PM. That was the first time Apple 🍎 did NOT do what they had promised. I waited 20 minutes for there call and called them only to sit on hold for over an hour with my case number in hand I asked if the call back was set up and they said it was and apologized! After another hour with the Tech we could not get my iMac to open the phone and delete every thing and start over. The tech. Said my phone should be replaced so I just bought a new iPhone XE 2nd generation. Hope

Apple didn’t do this for a big Pay 💰 day!

Jul 6, 2020 12:32 PM in response to tweekssf

to add am getting major delays when navigating/oppening apps/etc. even turning volume down with the volume buttons on the leftside of the phone ends up flashing the volume icon on the screen every 5 seconds or so as it decrements or increments the volume one volume level at a time. trying to back-up my phone now to do a reset and it won't make it thru a back-up without my phone re-starting on it's own thus halting the back-up. now going to try to save any important files/data and just wipe the phone. amazing frustration.

Jul 6, 2020 4:12 PM in response to Shlbn8r

after a day of investigation, my issues seems to be with the native music app and specifically iTunes Match. I did a complete reset on the phone, and now it all seems to ok, apart from music. I have tried to download some songs from my match library, but it just spins its wheels and gets hot. If I stop trying to sync and close the music app, it all calms down. Seems to be happy streaming from the iTunes Match, but won’t download. I’m hoping it’s a glitch that won’t exist in iOS 14, but we’ll see.

Jul 7, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Syedmsadiq

Same exact problem here. Seems to have been delivered as a bug in IOS 13.5.1. I've noticed that my phone sometimes gets hot, even while idle. My phone can go from 100% to 20% in a couple of hours, even while siting idle and not in use. This went on for a week or so and I attributed it to a game I'd recently installed. However, I noticed that even with the game closed and not being played that it was still happening. After checking the Battery settings, I found that iTunes was using between 70 - 80% of my battery in each 24 hour period even though I wasn't using it. I also had the problem that other users have reported where I can't get it to download songs from iCloud to my phone - the progress wheel just spins. Definitely a bug.

Ios 13.5 draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.