Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled alcohol on macbook pro

Tried out my new cocktail making set yesterday and made myself a french martini for the weekly quiz we're having and I knocked it over and spilled half the glass on the right side of my keyboard. I dabbed all of the excess liquid off and cleaned up the stickiness with a wet wipe and left my laptop upside down overnight. I've just (out of curiosity) turned it back on and all of the keys are working fine except for one or two sticky ones & everything else seems normal. There's a very faint smell of the drink which I'm assuming is under the keys. I obviously can't get this assessed at an Apple Store yet so I was wondering what my next steps should be? Could it be I got lucky and the drink has evaporated quickly enough?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 26, 2020 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:55 AM

I would not use the computer until I could have it evaluated by an authorized service center. Liquids and electronics do not mix and the scenario you describe often results in the need to purchase a new computer.

1 reply

Spilled alcohol on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.