Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on CarPlay maps

Is there supposed to be sound for navigation using Apple CarPlay on maps? I just bought a 2018 Honda Civic & I have sound on everything except apple maps, google maps or Waze. It seems like there should be voice navigation instead of looking at the screen.

iPhone 8

Posted on May 26, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 9:39 AM

Hey Lisaraa,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're not hearing any sound when using multiple navigation apps. I definitely understand how important it is to have sound with your maps/directions, and I'm happy to help.

To start, when using the built in Maps app, after starting navigation from your iPhone, make sure you swipe up and ensure that "No Voice" isn't enabled. You can see how to do that here: Use Maps with a Bluetooth accessory on your iPhone and iPad

You'll also find some helpful information in the resource above under "Allow Navigation Voice Prompts" you may need to connect with your vehicle manufacturer.

You'll find some additional helpful tips for using CarPlay here: Use CarPlay with your iPhone

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 9:39 AM in response to Lisaraa

Hey Lisaraa,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're not hearing any sound when using multiple navigation apps. I definitely understand how important it is to have sound with your maps/directions, and I'm happy to help.

To start, when using the built in Maps app, after starting navigation from your iPhone, make sure you swipe up and ensure that "No Voice" isn't enabled. You can see how to do that here: Use Maps with a Bluetooth accessory on your iPhone and iPad

You'll also find some helpful information in the resource above under "Allow Navigation Voice Prompts" you may need to connect with your vehicle manufacturer.

You'll find some additional helpful tips for using CarPlay here: Use CarPlay with your iPhone

Thanks again, and have a great day!

May 28, 2020 7:30 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for your reply! I’m not sure what originally caused it since I just got the car, but the service center at the dealer had to do a “factory reset” on the Apple CarPlay display screen. I had tried to reset it by holding the power button to restart, but this reset was hidden with the settings menu on the car system.

No sound on CarPlay maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.