Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working on Iphone Xr

Hi,

I have tried every possible solution I found in internet but nothing works. I can send data from my Macbook Air to my Iphone but not from my Iphone to to Mac. Could you please give me a hand?

Posted on May 27, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 1:33 PM

Hi Orquidea1452,

Thanks for getting back to us with the additional information. If the MacBook Air is compatible with macOS Catalina, consider upgrading macOS next:

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

If you're not able to upgrade macOS or the issue continues to occur after, I'd like to have you try the following steps, testing if you can AirDrop content from the iPhone to the Mac after each step:

1. If you have the firewall enabled on your Mac, disable it: About the application firewall - Apple Support
  2. On the iPhone, go to Settings > General > AirDrop. Turn AirDrop off, then back on.
  3. Ensure that both devices are in range of each other with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. Turn off Personal Hotspot if enabled.
  4. Set AirDrop receiving settings to "Everyone" on both the Mac and iPhone.
  5. Restart both the Mac and iPhone.

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 1:33 PM in response to Orquidea1452

Hi Orquidea1452,

Thanks for getting back to us with the additional information. If the MacBook Air is compatible with macOS Catalina, consider upgrading macOS next:

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

If you're not able to upgrade macOS or the issue continues to occur after, I'd like to have you try the following steps, testing if you can AirDrop content from the iPhone to the Mac after each step:

1. If you have the firewall enabled on your Mac, disable it: About the application firewall - Apple Support
  2. On the iPhone, go to Settings > General > AirDrop. Turn AirDrop off, then back on.
  3. Ensure that both devices are in range of each other with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. Turn off Personal Hotspot if enabled.
  4. Set AirDrop receiving settings to "Everyone" on both the Mac and iPhone.
  5. Restart both the Mac and iPhone.

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care.

May 28, 2020 8:37 AM in response to Orquidea1452

Hello Orquidea1452,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I see that you haven't received an answer to your question. If you are able to provide additional information, then perhaps someone will be able to assist you. Some questions that might be helpful to answer are:

1. What happens when you try to AirDrop content from your iPhone to your MacBook Air?
  2. If you encounter an error, what does it say?
  3. Does this occur when trying to send specific content such as Photos, or does it happen with any type of content?
  4. What iOS version and macOS version are you running?

Cheers!

Jun 3, 2020 12:20 PM in response to chris_g1

Hi chris_g1

Regarding your questions, here the answers:

• What happens when you try to AirDrop content from your iPhone to your MacBook Air?

I select a picture, for example, I click on the icon to share it, and I can click on the Airdrop icon.

• If you encounter an error, what does it say?

I get the message: "No people found".

• Does this occur when trying to send specific content such as Photos, or does it happen with any type of content?

it happens with any data

• What iOS version and macOS version are you running?

iOS: 13.5

macOS: Mojave 10.14.5

Airdrop not working on Iphone Xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.