Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting wireless keyboard to macbook air - the only key working is enter

i have a macbook air and have just bought a wireless keyboard. The keyboard is picked up by the bluetooth and recognised, however when asked to enter the passkey, it does not seem to work apart from the enter key - am i missing something here?

Posted on May 28, 2020 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 11:41 AM

Have you determined that because you could not visually confirm that the passkey was entered? Generally, or at least when I pair my bluetooth keyboard, I do not actually see the passkey being entered as I press the numerical keys. I press the numbers and it is then paired.

Do you get a window or a section to enter the passkey? If not then that is normal as well. Enter the numbers even you do not see them being typed.

By the way, which bluetooth keyboard are you attempting to pair?

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 11:41 AM in response to academic77

Have you determined that because you could not visually confirm that the passkey was entered? Generally, or at least when I pair my bluetooth keyboard, I do not actually see the passkey being entered as I press the numerical keys. I press the numbers and it is then paired.

Do you get a window or a section to enter the passkey? If not then that is normal as well. Enter the numbers even you do not see them being typed.

By the way, which bluetooth keyboard are you attempting to pair?

Axel F.

connecting wireless keyboard to macbook air - the only key working is enter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.