Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen with spinning wheel on starting macbook pro.

Hi I tried upgrading my OS from Sierra to Catalina. But while installing it the macbook got stuck and i couldn't do anything. An online solution suggests me to hold power button for force shutdown and tried.

Now if i restart the mac ... first the apple logo appears and then only black screen with a spinning wheel appears. Nothing else. Even if i waited 2 hours but it still remains same.

I tried command+R and re install Sierra but still after installation finishes the macbook starts and end up giving black screen with spinning wheel.

As shown in image, entire black screen with spinning wheel going on endlessly.

Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 29, 2020 9:20 AM in response to ronak1012

Hi there ronak1012,

It sounds as though your Mac was updating to macOS Catalina, and while updating you noticed the Mac was frozen. You're in the right place to seek a solution, I'd be happy to assist!

I recommend attempting to repair the disk using Disk Utility in recovery mode:

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

Then attempt to reinstall macOS again:

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Please note, creating a backup of your data before attempting a reinstall is advised. Below is a resource that can provide more information on backing up your Mac:

Back up your Mac

If you already have a backup, you can also see about restoring from a Time Machine backup:

Restore your Mac from a backup

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

Black screen with spinning wheel on starting macbook pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.