Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pros no longer working on Macbook Air (2013/2014 11") with Mac OS 10.15.5 update

These were successfully connected before the update. After the update they no longer work.

I have tried turning off and on bluetooth, deleted the pre-existing connections for the AirPods on all devices, turned off and on iCloud, reset the AirPods (multiple times between all of these). I can force the MacBook Air to recognize the AirPods but they won't actually connect (get a triangle with exclamation mark and a statement that "Couldn't connect to the de"

MacBook Air

Posted on May 28, 2020 10:33 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 29, 2020 9:11 AM in response to mliaotroth

Hello mliaotroth,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that after updating to macOS Catalina your AirPods no longer work as expected. If you have completed all the steps from this article and the issue persists, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance:

If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

AirPod Pros no longer working on Macbook Air (2013/2014 11") with Mac OS 10.15.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.