Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LPX Flex Pitch not allowing vox note movement to certain notes; skipping back to beginning of track often

Hi all,

I've started having two huge issues with Flex Pitch on vocal tracks lately. The first problem is that some notes on the scale seem to be inaccessible by click-and-drag and require manually pulling the identified pitch up to the correct note. For example, Flex will identify a word in the vocals to be an E but it should actually be an Eb; I click the note and drag it to the Eb (it should maintain the same location on the pitch scale because I'm not using the pitch slider in the top middle of the note); but, for some reason, the note itself skips over the Eb pitch entirely and goes down to a D. Thus, the Eb (and many other notes on my scale) are inaccessible, in a way, forcing me to manually drag the notes down pitch by pitch when they are supposed to land on one of these forbidden notes. This started happening a couple of weeks ago and is now an issue in all of my projects. I'm running the latest version of OS and the latest version of Logic Pro X.

Hand-in-hand with this problem, anytime I'm within Flex Pitch and I click any of the space outside of the Flex-identified notes (or when I use the marquee to select multiple notes and release the hold, or I finish dragging a note to the correct pitch and I happen to release my click in any of the negative space within the Flex window), Logic automatically jumps me back to the beginning of the entire stem I'm working on and/or have selected. This started happening at the same time the first issue started and is a problem in all of my projects as well.

Here's what I've tried to mitigate the problems:

• restarted Logic (many times)
  • restarted my computer (many, many times)

Here's what I haven't tried that I'd like to avoid if possible:

• deleting and reloading Logic, the application
  • using an external VST

Both of these problems together are a huge time waster for me and are really starting to get in the way of me working efficiently in Logic. If you have any idea what is going on, please let me know and offer some troubleshooting options. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 11:51 AM

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251362294?answerId=252642577022#252642577022 solution here!

Similar questions

3 replies

LPX Flex Pitch not allowing vox note movement to certain notes; skipping back to beginning of track often

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.