Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t remove apps with access

Hey guys,

I’m having trouble removing apps that have access to my Apple Music account. I was able to go to my for you page and edit it from there, but every time I delete the apps with access, it would show up there again.

Also tried to do the same on my Mac and iPad, same issue. Is anybody else have or had the same issue?

Thanks!

Posted on May 28, 2020 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 2:01 PM

Fantastic news - after updating to iOS 13.6 yesterday, I was able to remove access to the unwanted parties. Give it a go - hope it works. Oddly, I had two connections I wanted to remove, but had to do each one individually in order to fully revoke access. Good luck!

Similar questions

16 replies

Jun 22, 2020 11:14 PM in response to Sancho_

FYI, I had this issue as well trying to remove two of the four apps which have access to my Apple Music. I contacted support and spent a few hours going through the levels - I have a call scheduled with a senior advisor coming up.

I tried 4 different methods to remove access (two on the phone and two on the desktop app) and in all instances, the apps which were removed return after clicking "Done".

Here's what I had tried.

DESKTOP within the Music app (on a Mac):

• Account > Apps with Access. On the pop up, there are options that say "Remove". If I click "Remove" nothing happens (buttons seem inactive). I can click "Done" on the same screen to close the pop up.

• Account > View My Account. Scrolled down to "Account Access" and clicked "Manage". I then clicked "Sign Out" for each of the apps I wanted to remove access from and then clicked "Done." As soon as you return to the previous screen, it says there are still 4 apps with access (in my case, it says 4).

PHONE within the Music app (on iPhone):

• For You tab > Click Profile Photo in the upper-right. Scroll to the "Apps with Access" section and click "Edit". Then click the "-" and "Delete" next to each app I want to remove and select "Done" within this section (and finally, "Done" at the top-right of the page. Immediately after, the apps return.

• For You tab > Click Profile Photo in the upper-right. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "View Apple ID." Scroll down to "Account Access > Apple Music." On the next page, selected "Edit" and tapped "-" (for the apps I wanted to remove) > Done. As soon as you click "Back" and return to the list, they are back.

I also attempted to sign out and sign back into the Music app (on the phone and computer) before and after attempting to remove the apps. Additionally, I tried to force quit the Music and Settings app on the phone.

Finally, I went (on the iPhone) to Settings > Privacy > Media & Apple Music and the apps I was attempting to remove weren't present in that list (the advisor suggested seeing if they were included in this list and activated).

May 31, 2020 2:35 PM in response to traviss35

Hello traviss35,

Recently switched to Apple Music so I used couple apps to transfer my playlists from Spotify, and those apps asked my permission to access my Apple Music subscription, but rn I can’t remove apps that have access to my account

I tried to delete the apps first too and then delete those apps with access , but it’s still there when I reopen Apple Music.

Jun 26, 2020 7:18 AM in response to Sancho_

UPDATE #1 from my original post on June 23. I had a call with several of the phone support agents and they requested that I record a video showing me going through the issue and how the connections remained even after I deleted them. The agent came back after a few days (after sharing the video with the engineers) and noted, "I did hear back from our engineers and they are aware of the issue and still working on a resolution."

My guess is that this will eventually be fixed, but for now it's probably low priority (just my guess), so it will probably take a while. At least you won't need to completely reset your devices, Sancho_...which by the way would have never worked since the connections are through Apple and are on the server and not your device (to whatever agent told you that...facepalm)!

Jul 3, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Sancho_

Hey folks

This seems fixed, I was just able to remove apps from the access list and they didn’t reappear.

however when removing the last app, Apple Music crashes so it’s a 99% fix.

hopefully be completely resolved as day goes on.

Can’t remove apps with access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.