Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music: Explicit content not blocked

What’s the point of content restrictions in Apple Music? I have Music content set to “Clean” for a child account, but when I go to “Browse” in the Music app on that account, all sorts of explicit content is showing. I haven’t tried to play an explicit song to see if playback gets blocked, but honestly, with what many album covers look like, and how the albums and playlists are titled, it shouldn’t even show these at all. They are clearly marked as Explicit even. Just an example, “Sl*t Pop” was right there, front and center. I censored the actual title, because if I didn’t, it would probably get censored on this Community site. What does that tell you about the content control of the Music app?

If it’s too hard to manage, may I request that Apple give parents more control over what functionality the App has under a restricted account. For example, I’d love it if we could limit the app to only play content that we’ve added to that account’s library. I’d love that option in general, and it would be a place where Apple Music could really do a better job than Spotify, who equally doesn’t care about actual, working content restrictions.

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 2:14 PM

According to the 'Prevent explicit content and content ratings' section in:"

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can prevent the playback of music, music videos, podcasts, news, and workouts containing explicit content, but I am afraid it doesn't prevent previewing the album covers or song titles. I suspect there might be some kind of copyright infringment issue with the artist if those were censored., But I don't know for sure since I don't work for Apple. If you would like to make your comment and suggestion known to Apple, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 2:14 PM in response to Darmok-N-Jalad

According to the 'Prevent explicit content and content ratings' section in:"

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can prevent the playback of music, music videos, podcasts, news, and workouts containing explicit content, but I am afraid it doesn't prevent previewing the album covers or song titles. I suspect there might be some kind of copyright infringment issue with the artist if those were censored., But I don't know for sure since I don't work for Apple. If you would like to make your comment and suggestion known to Apple, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Apple Music: Explicit content not blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.