Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have locked myself out of my phone and cannot remember my 6 digit passcode

I have only had my phone for a few days and it is my first iPhone. When I set it up I don't remember putting in a six digit passcode number. I just used the fingerprint option.

During a facetime call 2 days ago the battery went flat. When I plugged in to the charger my phone would not accept my fingerprint. The message on the screen said that I needed to put in my six digit passcode in.

I have tried over the last couple of days putting different combinations in that I think I would have used because I cannot remember setting one up. My phone has now locked me out for an hour (previously it has been for shorter periods).

My phone is a two year old SE first edition which I bought from my friend.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 30, 2020 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 5:28 AM

faodail wrote:

I have only had my phone for a few days and it is my first iPhone. When I set it up I don't remember putting in a six digit passcode number. I just used the fingerprint option....

It's not possible to set up a Touch ID without setting up a passcode.

If you do not remember it, these are the only steps you can perform:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Regards

GIulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 5:28 AM in response to faodail

faodail wrote:

I have only had my phone for a few days and it is my first iPhone. When I set it up I don't remember putting in a six digit passcode number. I just used the fingerprint option....

It's not possible to set up a Touch ID without setting up a passcode.

If you do not remember it, these are the only steps you can perform:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Regards

GIulio

I have locked myself out of my phone and cannot remember my 6 digit passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.