Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't "Trust this computer" with new iPhone 11

When I connect my new iPhone 11 to my Mac, the phone asks me to "Trust this computer" and then the next step is to enter the passcode as displayed on the Mac.

I can't get the passcode to display on the Mac.

I've made sure Xcode is up to date, and have the latest Mac OS. I've restarted the computer and phone several times. Itunes is not installed and seems to be no longer available via the App Store. That said, the passcode prompter works just find when I log into my iOS developer account.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on May 31, 2020 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 7:35 PM

The passcode you need to enter here is the passcode for the iPhone itself; the passcode used to unlock the iPhone.

If your Mac is running Catalina, the functions have been moved to some other apps, and out of Finder. To see your version of macOS, use 🍎 > About this Mac... Catalina is 10.15. Here is What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support on Catalina.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 7:35 PM in response to le-roy225

The passcode you need to enter here is the passcode for the iPhone itself; the passcode used to unlock the iPhone.

If your Mac is running Catalina, the functions have been moved to some other apps, and out of Finder. To see your version of macOS, use 🍎 > About this Mac... Catalina is 10.15. Here is What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support on Catalina.

Can't "Trust this computer" with new iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.