Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 10.5 on reboot loop after updated to IOS 13.5.

Hi,

I have iPad Pro 10.5. After updating to iOS 13.5 my iPad is on a constant re-boot loop every 3-5 min.

I've tried different options even the restore to factory settings but the iPad is still on the reboot loop.

How can I fix it? please help.

Regards

H

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 5:47 PM

Sorry to learn that your iPad has contracted this constant boot/re-boot loop issue after upgrading/updated to iPadOS 13.4.1.

This seems to be a growing and recurring issue with many iPads that have been updating to iPadOS 13.4.1

Unfortunately, Apple, currently, has NO fix or solution to this issue, to date!

Other users with this issue, that have actually called into Apple support about this issue, reported were only being offered in-warranty/expensive, out-of-warranty device replacement option, in lieu of Apple support not having an actual device fix or solution for what Apple support is diagnosing as some sort of internal hardware/software failure/fault with no recovery.

Sorry.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You can post multiple feedback on this iPadOS/iPad boot loop issue as many times as you like to help get Apple's attention on this issue

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple, in California, is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

If no one posts feedback to Apple, Apple will have NO clue that there are any types of issues with their hardware or software products!

Also, I STRONGLY suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with a more amiable/amenable solution to this iPad boot loop issue, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, at least, logs all support calls and issues.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 5:47 PM in response to hemraj193

Sorry to learn that your iPad has contracted this constant boot/re-boot loop issue after upgrading/updated to iPadOS 13.4.1.

This seems to be a growing and recurring issue with many iPads that have been updating to iPadOS 13.4.1

Unfortunately, Apple, currently, has NO fix or solution to this issue, to date!

Other users with this issue, that have actually called into Apple support about this issue, reported were only being offered in-warranty/expensive, out-of-warranty device replacement option, in lieu of Apple support not having an actual device fix or solution for what Apple support is diagnosing as some sort of internal hardware/software failure/fault with no recovery.

Sorry.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You can post multiple feedback on this iPadOS/iPad boot loop issue as many times as you like to help get Apple's attention on this issue

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple, in California, is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

If no one posts feedback to Apple, Apple will have NO clue that there are any types of issues with their hardware or software products!

Also, I STRONGLY suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with a more amiable/amenable solution to this iPad boot loop issue, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, at least, logs all support calls and issues.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Jun 4, 2020 5:05 PM in response to hemraj193

Same is happening to me. I called Apple support and after 3 phone calls and a return phone call from engineers they chucked it up to hardware issues and told me they could fix it if I shelled out 500 bucks. Are you kidding me?!?! My iPad Pro was working perfectly fine until I updated to 13.5 and then the constant reboot after 2-3 mins. Not only did I spend 900$ on the iPad now I have to shell out another 500! It’s definitely a software issue if I’m not the only one having this problem.

Jun 5, 2020 12:35 AM in response to Gmc4679

Yes, I've had the same problem with my iPad Pro 10.5 running 13.4.1, then 13.5 and even 13.5.1 (rebooting every 3 minutes even after a clean restore in DFU mode). I was originally able to solve the problem by returning to 13.3.1, but now that option is not available as that software is no loner "signed" by Apple. I had exactly the same result after talking to Apple Support, replace the iPad at my cost as it's out of warranty! Please use the link supplied above to provide iPad feedback. If enough of us make some noise they won't be able to ignore what seems like a software fault.

Jun 12, 2020 6:22 AM in response to Gmc4679

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 first generation and am having the exact same problem. Spoke to support and they blamed a hardware issue, when like others it has gone from working perfectly to useless overnight. Managed to update to 13.5.1 but still the same. Very disappointed this isn’t even being acknowledged as a problem. Will feedback on the link above. This seems to be affecting lots of us, can’t believe Apple won’t recognise it.

Jul 18, 2020 9:59 AM in response to riddhiman52

I wouldn't keep “hoping” for a fix.

I STRONGLY, STRONGLY advise you call contact Apple support AND leave iPad Feedback per my links near the top of this posting on page 1

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior level Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with other possible advice/solutions to this iPad boot loop issue, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

If need be, you can have your iPad issues escalated all the way up the chain to Apple engineering level customer phone support.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, AT LEAST, logs all support calls and issues.

Best of Luck to You!

Jul 18, 2020 5:47 PM in response to hemraj193

I have an iPad Air 2 that is in a reboot loop, I have tried updating to IOS 13.6, that didn’t stop. Have erased and reinstalled three times , is still rebooting. Have chatted twice with support, their suggestions were to back up my iPad, erase it, and reinstall the system. I have made an appointment to get it serviced, the only place open near me is a Best Buy, no Apple Stores service available. I am at a loss.

Jul 18, 2020 6:44 PM in response to riddhiman52

That is NOT going to be good enough.

You NEED to call and talk to Apple support and have this issue escalated up the support chain ladder to get any results on this.

The feedback pages are not enough to get Apple to come up with a fix or resolution.

This boot loop issues has been going on for quite some time, now, without any fix or resolution forthcoming from Apple.

YOU NEED to be the SQUEAKY WHEEL!

A phone call to Apple support will be a WHOLE lot more effective than leaving just feedback info!

You need to be like everyone else here and be proactive and just call and talk to Apple support and push this issue all the way up the senior Apple support and Apple engineering support ladder!

This is really the ONLY way Apple is going to listen to all of you here!

This is NOT the only long posting on this iPad/iPad Pro boot loop issue.

Call Apple support!

Jul 25, 2020 7:18 PM in response to Kodiak_mama

My problem still persists. I have tried like a 100 times to update my iOS through recovery mode. But my iPad just doesn’t seem to respond. So I have given it to a third party repair shop since Apple could not fix and asked for approx. 575$ to replace this one.

That is ridiculous since you can get a new iPad Air with almost the same price and you get to keep this one as well. Nevertheless, I am getting it fixed through a third party store. Keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I will get it by tomorrow.

Jul 25, 2020 8:33 PM in response to riddhiman52

If the third party repair service cannot fix it or they cause other issues with your iPad, like issues with the Home button/touch ID sensor, you will be on your own with this iPad.

Apple will no longer have anything to do with an Apple product that has been tampered with by an unauthorised third party electronics repair service.

You will have to completely rely on the place you went to try and have your iPad repaired and fixed if anything else happens with this iPad.

FYI.

Best of Luck to You!

iPad Pro 10.5 on reboot loop after updated to IOS 13.5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.