Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

osx catalina randomly ejecting drives

I have a LaCie outboard hard drive that has performed well and since the latest upgrade to Catalina has been randomly ejecting.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 2:59 PM

Are you using this for Time Machine backups? You could first launch Disk Utility app and run First Aid to see if there are any obvious problems.

If you have any sensitive data on there you want to preserve, I would copy it to another drive. After that you could do a reformat and remount to see if that solves the issue and make it stable again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 2:59 PM in response to Fiddleplay

Are you using this for Time Machine backups? You could first launch Disk Utility app and run First Aid to see if there are any obvious problems.

If you have any sensitive data on there you want to preserve, I would copy it to another drive. After that you could do a reformat and remount to see if that solves the issue and make it stable again.

osx catalina randomly ejecting drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.