Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My text messages aren’t showing up on my new phone and I backed up everything before I switched over. Help!

I just got a new iPhone and my text messages didn’t transfer over. I made sure everything was backed up before I switched. How can I get them? I still have the other phone

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 5:56 PM

If you were syncing Messages with iCloud on the old phone, have you set that up on the new phone? If youweren't have you restored from a backup?

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device.    

Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 5:56 PM in response to Brooke4669

If you were syncing Messages with iCloud on the old phone, have you set that up on the new phone? If youweren't have you restored from a backup?

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device.    

Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.    

My text messages aren’t showing up on my new phone and I backed up everything before I switched over. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.