Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee app says my phone's been jailbroken. Is it a fake alert? I erased everything and keeps hacking when restored from zero.

Hello Everyone.

I had my iPhone X hacked. McAfee says that the system is jailbroken. But I never did that to my phone. I ve been talking with great apple advisors on the phone . An d they told all the things a I should do and for last if nothing was working that I should erase to factory setting. I did . But Hack is still going on. Even when I do not restore back up. So lets say that I dowloaded an app from App Store that did that to my phone. So it means you are not verifying the apps you have on the store and we should not trust all the apps on your store? I just need to get that solved. Please advise as phone has self life. Scrolling and opening apps. and erasing stuff. Please advise thanks

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 2:50 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 5, 2020 6:11 AM in response to LACAllen

Hi Friend . Thanks for your reply .It was a Hack as they erased important content. Also I don't understand why you keep saying that iPhone can not be hacked , because it can and you have many people complaining about.

I ll defintly need to change my phone please advise how can I do it as no store open in NY.

Big Thanks

Jun 5, 2020 6:17 AM in response to BigDoug9

Also I don't understand why you keep saying that iPhone can not be hacked , because it can and you have many people complaining about.

I never said this.

"people" also think the world is flat.

These days, anything "people" can't understand is called a hack. For a phone, a hack would be a very specific thing and with up-to-date iOS devices, an actual hack is pretty much impossible. None has ever been proven to exist.

Once you jailbreak your device, removing the iOS layers of protection, all bets are off and yes, a jailbroken phone can certainly be hacked.

McAfee app says my phone's been jailbroken. Is it a fake alert? I erased everything and keeps hacking when restored from zero.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.