Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download a purchased TV show?

I'm really having problems navigating the new TV app. I recently purchased Catherine the Great. I can only see it when I go to the Watch Next, where it clearly shows that it is purchased, but gives no choice to download. Where's the choice to download?

I also renewed my subscription to Fareed Zakaria GPS. It shows up in recent purchases, but I haven't received the show this week. There was a show on TV. There's seems to be now way to "get" the show and it can only be pushed to my device, which didn't happen. I still get notices in my email that the show is available to download, but when I press on "download" it tries to take me to the old iTunes app, which doesn't exist any more. Is there anything I can do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 6:21 AM

Bamidbar,

Thank you for reaching out at Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly you’re trying to watch and/or download movies and shows that you’ve purchased in the Apple TV app on your MacBook running macOS Catalina.

The Apple TV App User Guide for macOS Catalina may help as you’re getting used to the new format.

For example, if you purchased and/or subscribed to them you should see both Catherine the Great and Fareed Zakaria GPS in your Library under the Movies and TV Shows tabs as outlined here: Manage your library in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 6:21 AM in response to Bamidbar

Bamidbar,

Thank you for reaching out at Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly you’re trying to watch and/or download movies and shows that you’ve purchased in the Apple TV app on your MacBook running macOS Catalina.

The Apple TV App User Guide for macOS Catalina may help as you’re getting used to the new format.

For example, if you purchased and/or subscribed to them you should see both Catherine the Great and Fareed Zakaria GPS in your Library under the Movies and TV Shows tabs as outlined here: Manage your library in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

How to download a purchased TV show?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.