Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Document Storage Issue

I use iCloud for my documents, desktop and photos. However, my computer says it is still out of storage. When I go to manage it shows over 200G in documents. Do I still have docs on hard drive and in iCloud?

MacBook Air 13″, 10.15

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 2:45 PM

Yes. iCloud Drive is primarily a syncing service so that multiple devices signed into the same iCloud ID can have access to the same files/documents. Anything on the iCloud Drive is mirrored on your boot drive so that you can access them when not connected to the internet. They are located in the Users/Home/Library/Mobile Documents folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 2:45 PM in response to PastorAGP

Yes. iCloud Drive is primarily a syncing service so that multiple devices signed into the same iCloud ID can have access to the same files/documents. Anything on the iCloud Drive is mirrored on your boot drive so that you can access them when not connected to the internet. They are located in the Users/Home/Library/Mobile Documents folder.

Document Storage Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.