Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cleared all my movies from imovie, including the files in the compressed folder, but imovie is still saying I have no disk space. What do I do?

Hi. I cleared all the movies from the app, as well as compressed folder but everytime I try add a 20 second video it's saying I have no disk space. This only started after I updated my computer software. Does anyone know what to do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 5:40 PM

For more details, what operating system and iMovie version are you running?

Meanwhile, check your disk space by clicking on Apple Logo>About this Mac>Storage.

If you do in fact have sufficient disk space, try redownloading iMovie. That should solve it. To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder. However, the download should be successful. After redownloading see if the "no disk space" is cured.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 5:40 PM in response to Meowsi

For more details, what operating system and iMovie version are you running?

Meanwhile, check your disk space by clicking on Apple Logo>About this Mac>Storage.

If you do in fact have sufficient disk space, try redownloading iMovie. That should solve it. To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder. However, the download should be successful. After redownloading see if the "no disk space" is cured.

-- Rich

I cleared all my movies from imovie, including the files in the compressed folder, but imovie is still saying I have no disk space. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.