Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 email accounts showing on iPad

Is there a way to stop my husband’s email showing on my iPad Air 2 as well as mine? He also would like to just see his email on his iPad Air 2.

Thanks very much.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 4:40 PM

Whilst you shouldn’t share an AppleID, but should maintain separate AppleIDs for each person on their own device, your AppleID may not be the source of issue with your email accounts...

Assuming that the email accounts that you wish to isolate are not provided by Apple - but is instead provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other third-party email service - you simply configure just the email addresses that you require on each of your devices.

Settings > Passwords & Accounts

Add or delete email accounts as required.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 4:40 PM in response to Jessie051

Whilst you shouldn’t share an AppleID, but should maintain separate AppleIDs for each person on their own device, your AppleID may not be the source of issue with your email accounts...

Assuming that the email accounts that you wish to isolate are not provided by Apple - but is instead provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other third-party email service - you simply configure just the email addresses that you require on each of your devices.

Settings > Passwords & Accounts

Add or delete email accounts as required.

Jun 6, 2020 2:32 PM in response to Jessie051

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their iPad. You should decide who should retain the existing Apple ID and who should get a new Apple ID. You would then restore that person’s iPad to factory settings and set it back up using their new Apple ID. You can then use Family Sharing to share your iTunes Store, App Store, and Book Store purchases.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

2 email accounts showing on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.