Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

am/fm radio on iwatch

I'm looking to purchase an iWatch as a gift for my mother. She's 65+ and runs 4.5 miles each day alone. She 1) doesn't carry a phone and 2) doesn't wear reflective clothing. I think she could benefit by having an iWatch + Cellular just in case she needs to get ahold of someone. Trouble is she prefers to listen to AM sports radio, specifically 670 The Score, while she runs. I'm looking for whether there is a capability to listen to AM radio via iWatch (only) + Cellular through AirPods. She wouldn't take her phone with her, only wear the watch. The Radio.com app doesn't have an iWatch. The SimpleRadio has an iWatch app but doesn't allow for connection to local AM Radio (I.e. 670 The Score). Help!

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 8:19 AM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2020 6:53 PM in response to eholst

Hey there eholst,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to make sure you can listen to 670 The Score on Apple Watch. I’ll be happy to help with this.

There are a few different apps that state you can listen to AM radio. The Apple Watch has a Radio app built in as well:

Listen to radio on Apple Watch

That being said, the show you mentioned, 670 The Score, does have a podcast that she could sync to her Apple Watch and listen to if you’re not able to find any other options:

‎Best of 670 The Score on Apple Podcasts

This link can guide you on listening to podcast on Apple Watch:

Play podcasts on Apple Watch

I hope this helps.

Take care.

am/fm radio on iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.