Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app installed by itself

An app (GameStop) that I tried to download once back in February that I didn't have storage for installed itself today, is it possible that my phone is hacked or something?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:15 AM

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to latest iOS/iPadOS, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 6:15 AM in response to fig28

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to latest iOS/iPadOS, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

app installed by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.