Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop a new folder from opening every time I try to move an icon...???

Everytime I try to move an icon to a different position on my iPhone 6s Plus, a new folder opens and shows the icon I'm trying to move inside. If I try to move the icon out of the folder, I has a very hard time releasing it, and often simply causes another new folder to appear with the icon inside. How to I stop these new folders from even appearing....??? I want to move the position of the icon, I do not want to put it into a folder, ever. It's very frustrating.

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:42 PM

Pretty hard to do when moving an icon to a new page, as there's no telling where the icon is going to be when the new page opens. It only needs to be on top of another icon for a split second before a new folder opens with the icon inside, and then doesn't want to let go of it.

In fact, even trying to move an icon to the first row on the left of any page is a near impossibility, it seems, as it instantly opens the prior page and opens a new folder with the icon inside. Trying to move the icon out of the folder, it doesn't want to release it, and then when it does, it shoots back across the page it was one, and often shoots right past that page and opens a new page to the right... and it happens in a split second. Far too fast to be able to have any control of the placement of the icon, or to allow you to just drop it on the page it's on before a new page opens.

Is there any way to turn down the sensitivity of how fast the icons react, or folders are opened, or new pages open, when moving them....? Right now, any movement at all produces an instant response, and an over reaction, it seems, making it nearly impossible to move icons with any kind of accuracy at all. Everything just flys open, opens new folders, opens new pages, instantly, and there is no sense of control at all with the iPhone 6s Plus as there was with earlier models I owned.

Barely move an icon, new page, new folder, and you're stuck. Try to move icon out of folder, it won't let go. Finally move icon far enough outside of folder that it releases it, new page opens, new folder opens, and your stuck, again, etc. etc. Finally get the icon out of the folder, and back onto a page again, try to move it anywhere on that first column on the left, opens page to left, with icon in new folder, and you're stuck... etc. etc. There is no way to control where the icon ends up when a new page is opened, and a new folder opens instantly, with no chance to move it off of any icon it may have landed on on that page before that new folder opens. It's not possible, the way it is right now with everything flying around and reacting instantly to any movement at all, or when it finally lets go of it from a folder which it does no want to do at all, as it is doing right now.

As I said, this all happens in an instant. There is no way to control anything as fast as it is reacting right now to any icon movement at all.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 6:42 PM in response to sberman

Pretty hard to do when moving an icon to a new page, as there's no telling where the icon is going to be when the new page opens. It only needs to be on top of another icon for a split second before a new folder opens with the icon inside, and then doesn't want to let go of it.

In fact, even trying to move an icon to the first row on the left of any page is a near impossibility, it seems, as it instantly opens the prior page and opens a new folder with the icon inside. Trying to move the icon out of the folder, it doesn't want to release it, and then when it does, it shoots back across the page it was one, and often shoots right past that page and opens a new page to the right... and it happens in a split second. Far too fast to be able to have any control of the placement of the icon, or to allow you to just drop it on the page it's on before a new page opens.

Is there any way to turn down the sensitivity of how fast the icons react, or folders are opened, or new pages open, when moving them....? Right now, any movement at all produces an instant response, and an over reaction, it seems, making it nearly impossible to move icons with any kind of accuracy at all. Everything just flys open, opens new folders, opens new pages, instantly, and there is no sense of control at all with the iPhone 6s Plus as there was with earlier models I owned.

Barely move an icon, new page, new folder, and you're stuck. Try to move icon out of folder, it won't let go. Finally move icon far enough outside of folder that it releases it, new page opens, new folder opens, and your stuck, again, etc. etc. Finally get the icon out of the folder, and back onto a page again, try to move it anywhere on that first column on the left, opens page to left, with icon in new folder, and you're stuck... etc. etc. There is no way to control where the icon ends up when a new page is opened, and a new folder opens instantly, with no chance to move it off of any icon it may have landed on on that page before that new folder opens. It's not possible, the way it is right now with everything flying around and reacting instantly to any movement at all, or when it finally lets go of it from a folder which it does no want to do at all, as it is doing right now.

As I said, this all happens in an instant. There is no way to control anything as fast as it is reacting right now to any icon movement at all.

How do I stop a new folder from opening every time I try to move an icon...???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.