Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Impossible to cancel Fitness Coach App

I made the mistake of removing the "Ask to Buy" from my son's phone because it stopped pushing approval requests to me. He immediately signed up for the Fitness Coach app, which has a brief trial and then automatically starts charging $4.99 a week. No big deal, I thought, I'll follow the link in the email and cancel the subscription. That is where the problem begins.

I opened the link and even though he's on family sharing I could not access his account on my phone or Mac. I opened the link on his phone and in Manage Subscriptions there is no link to cancel, only to change the terms of an excessively expensive app. I cannot log in to my son's account even with my parental control on Family Sharing. I do not receive the option to manage the subscription on my login, but I worry that I will be liable for the charges even though I cannot cancel.

I'm amazed that the App Store has left this app on the roster, since it appears to be a scam and online reviews of the developer (Luni) underscore this issue.

Anyone have any help for me? I emailed support four days ago and have still not heard back. I emailed again today but thought this might be my only hope.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 9:01 AM

The subscription was set to expire on June 11th, and after accessing the app and the App Store on his device I still was given no option to cancel. Today a pending charge was levied against my account for the weekly charge for the app. So, I still have no way to cancel the subscription and am being charged. I tried to request a refund and the page returned an error saying I had no purchases eligible for a refund. I need this to be corrected immediately. I've tried calling, following all the link provided, but in the end if i do not have an option to cancel then the app is fraudulent and you Apple needs to take corrective action against Luni, the predatory developer of this scam app.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 9:01 AM in response to brenden dv

The subscription was set to expire on June 11th, and after accessing the app and the App Store on his device I still was given no option to cancel. Today a pending charge was levied against my account for the weekly charge for the app. So, I still have no way to cancel the subscription and am being charged. I tried to request a refund and the page returned an error saying I had no purchases eligible for a refund. I need this to be corrected immediately. I've tried calling, following all the link provided, but in the end if i do not have an option to cancel then the app is fraudulent and you Apple needs to take corrective action against Luni, the predatory developer of this scam app.

Jun 15, 2020 9:26 AM in response to NohaA09

Yes. Here was my process:

1) Went to Apple Support website, engaged the chatbot. All I could get to was a webpage that instructed me to go to the app's page and cancel. As I mentioned, Fitness Coach's page does not provide cancellation options.

2) Sent an email using the same support site on June 6. It has been more than one week, and I have yet to get a reply to the email.

3) I tried calling the support line, but all i could get was an automated system that sent me the same link provided by the chatbot.

4) This board, and I still have a pending charge.

This has been an exhausting and ridiculous experience.

Jun 10, 2020 8:02 AM in response to chapman290

Hello chapman290,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Community! I see you have a purchase done from your child's Apple ID that you would like to cancel, it is important to be able to cancel unwanted subscriptions.

This article shares information regarding cancelling an unwanted purchase done by your Apple ID, check the paragraph starting with "If you don't see the subscription that you're looking for." See or cancel your subscriptions.

Since you cannot cancel the subscription from your account and from his iPhone either you can always try contacting the Application developer, check this paragraph "Get help with third-party subscriptions." Get help with subscriptions not billed through Apple.

One reason that when you check his account it doesn't show cancel subscription is it might be a one time charge done by the application, if they need monthly subscription you will see a date for the renewal of the subscription and then you can cancel the monthly charge, in that case you might need a refund for the unwanted purchase done on his Apple ID.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Take Care!

Impossible to cancel Fitness Coach App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.