Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to turn bluetooth on & off without rebooting every time?

Once or twice a week I'm unable to turn bluetooth off or on without rebooting. I've tried all the obvious steps (enabling or disabling via bluetooth icon in the menu bar, and going through the system settings to do it.)

From all my research, rebooting is the only way, and that works but it sure is a hassle.

I'm hoping there's a way to turn it on or off through Terminal, or to reset the bluetooth service using sysctl or something...anything so I don't have to reboot every time.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

-Adam

2013 15" mbpr, Catalina (10.15.15, which right now is the latest version)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 7:23 AM

What bluetooth device is connected, or last connected when you need to power cycle bluetooth? Sounds like something incompatible is hanging bluetooth, and that condition may make it incapable of responding to a off signal from the operating system.

Typo: 10.15.5

4 replies

Jun 9, 2020 7:41 AM in response to VikingOSX

The SoundLink has been incredibly flakey and unreliable, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's ultimately the culprit.

I'm feeling optimistic that this will resolve the issue.

Thank you again! I'll try to chime back in after a week or so to mark that your suggestion solved the question, or not (but I think it will).

Is there a way to turn bluetooth on & off without rebooting every time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.