Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you create and burn movies to a dvd in Catalina without idvd?

How do you create and burn movies to a dvd in Catalina without idvd on my MBP? I used to use Toast Titanium Pro 11, but it doesn't work on Catalina and I didn't want to buy a new version of Toast. Besides imovie, I have Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, & Motion, but I don't know how to use them yet. I was also wondering if any of them have burn capabilities.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 10:34 AM

As thesurreyfriends says, Final Cut Pro X has DVD burning capabilities. There’s a fairly steep learning curve with Final Cut. There have been some posts here that have expressed dissatisfaction with its burn feature. Others may like it. The blue ray burning capability is nice if you need that. Since you already have the program it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. It also wouldn’t hurt to give DVD Creator a try. See which you like best.

— Rich

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 10:34 AM in response to pether

As thesurreyfriends says, Final Cut Pro X has DVD burning capabilities. There’s a fairly steep learning curve with Final Cut. There have been some posts here that have expressed dissatisfaction with its burn feature. Others may like it. The blue ray burning capability is nice if you need that. Since you already have the program it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. It also wouldn’t hurt to give DVD Creator a try. See which you like best.

— Rich

Jun 11, 2020 9:31 AM in response to pether

Hi, pether,

To burn movies to a DVD you share your movie to your desktop and then drag or otherwise load the movie into a DVD Authoring program. Then you will need to have a DVD burner and some DVD-R discs and you can burn your DVD with the DVD Authoring program.

A DVD authoring program that has been recommended on this forum is made by Peng GUIPING and is called DVD Creator and is available in the app store for $14.99.

Take a look at this thread, particularly the post by Batman 15 for discussions and recommendations re authoring programs and a DVD Burner.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250714476

-- Rich

Jun 11, 2020 10:47 AM in response to Rich839

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Batman's post was helpful and all who replied. I may try the DVD Creator. I intended to buy Toast Titanium 18 until I read the reviews of it not working well, as I really liked Toast 11 and idvd. I bought Final Cut Prot X with this Mac because I use an older version 15 years ago but am not familiar with this version yet.

How do you create and burn movies to a dvd in Catalina without idvd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.