Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime keeps freezing and failing on my Mac book pro. I have Catalina. I just had an ATT fiberoptic package. My internet speed is 110, but FaceTime keeps freezing.

Face Time keeps freezing and failing on my Mac Book Pro. I have upgraded to a fiberoptic cable with internet speeds that are 10 times as fast as my wifi was, and Face Time is just terrible. What do I need to get so that I can use Face time for my business calls during Covid?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 2:09 PM

Hi,

Test Speed https://speedof.me/

Anything else on your network that could be using up data such as a Playstation or X-Box one ?

The info itself suggests that the service should be more than capable.

I have a service that is over Fibre to the Cabinet (only the last 200m are over the copper wires) and should have a speed in excess of 50Mbps.

I have noticed since many people have been working from home that the speeds is not constant and can be below the Upload speed of 10Mbps at times.

Ralph

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 2:09 PM in response to franziska211

Hi,

Test Speed https://speedof.me/

Anything else on your network that could be using up data such as a Playstation or X-Box one ?

The info itself suggests that the service should be more than capable.

I have a service that is over Fibre to the Cabinet (only the last 200m are over the copper wires) and should have a speed in excess of 50Mbps.

I have noticed since many people have been working from home that the speeds is not constant and can be below the Upload speed of 10Mbps at times.

Ralph

FaceTime keeps freezing and failing on my Mac book pro. I have Catalina. I just had an ATT fiberoptic package. My internet speed is 110, but FaceTime keeps freezing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.