Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Legacy Java Message

Still getting this exact message on startup: To open “CS5ServiceManager” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.

Click on “More Info...” to visit the legacy Java SE 6 download website.

I have tried several ways to get rid off as suggested online. They include going to More info, then updating Java with oracle; I now have Java 8 Update 251. I unchecked the Check for Updates Automatically box. I deleted all Adobe CS5-related apps. I still get the message on startup. What should I try next? Should I use a Mac cleaner? Can I delete Java totally? Start over with a new Java? I have macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.

Please help for I am at a loss here.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 12:49 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Jun 14, 2020 2:05 PM in response to MacUserSF2020

Yes, you can get this version. Apple's Java 6 has nothing to do with Oracle's version 8.

However, I missed that you removed the CS5 apps, but a leftover is still trying to run. How did you remove CS5? If you just dropped them from the Applications folder to the trash, that will leave a lot behind. You must use the uninstaller links in the Utilities folder.

Legacy Java Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.