Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete iPhone Photos from Recently Deleted

I intended to free up my storage on my Iphone 11 max pro, so I tried to delete the photos. But when I see the photo numbers, it won’t decrease and the photos that I’ve deleted still there. Plus I can’t clear up my recently deleted photos. What should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 2:31 AM

Which album are you viewing, when you are trying to delete photos?

If you are viewing the All Photos view and are having My Photo Stream enabled, you may not be able to delete the photos, that are still in my Photo Stream. These are also shown in All Photos.

Are you using My Photo Stream or iCloud Photos?

If you cannot empty Recently Deleted, the album may be too full. Try to select only small batches of photos in recently Deleted, to reduce the number of items there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 2:31 AM in response to Gwen512

Which album are you viewing, when you are trying to delete photos?

If you are viewing the All Photos view and are having My Photo Stream enabled, you may not be able to delete the photos, that are still in my Photo Stream. These are also shown in All Photos.

Are you using My Photo Stream or iCloud Photos?

If you cannot empty Recently Deleted, the album may be too full. Try to select only small batches of photos in recently Deleted, to reduce the number of items there.

Can't delete iPhone Photos from Recently Deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.