Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EASY remote screen sharing for my mom

While recently trying to do a family zoom, my 90 year old mom couldn't connect because she needed to download the zoom update. She lives in a senior living facility that's still under COVID lockdown and is very un-tech savvy.

I've spent over an hour trying to help her and I really need to be able to see what she's doing. But to do so, she needs to install or configure some type of extension/software, etc.

I tried doing it various ways, including Messages, but that was never configured on her computer and doing so is not possible without me being to be able to see the screen.

Her email is working however and I was wondering if there's some link I could email her that, when she clicks on it, would give me access. It would have to be very simple, like "click on this link and then click the give access button."

Any ideas?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:24 AM

I think your best bet is to ask someone that is in that facility to help your mom update Zoom, or configure Messages for her.

Similar questions

4 replies

EASY remote screen sharing for my mom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.