Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combine PDFs in Preview on Mac – Hyperlinks (Problem)

After combining multiple pdfs into a single document, my live hyperlinks stop working. When opening the new combined document in preview, the click icon disappears when hovering over the links. How do I resolve this? Is it easier to do the combination in Adobe Acrobat?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 1:26 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 18, 2020 1:48 PM in response to Distanzswimmer

EDITED RESPONSE:

I can duplicate your problem. When I combine PDFs with hyperlinks in the with Preview by dragging the thumbnail page from one PDF into another and save the resulting multipage PDF, close and open it again the links works only in the original PDF file page but not in the pages that were imported.

HOWEVER: if you use the Edit ➙ Insert ➙ Page from File menu option

the links in the added page do work. The menu option will import all of the pages in the selected PDF file.

Jun 18, 2020 3:43 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi, @Old Toad,

Thank you for responding to my question! So, your second suggestion – Edit > Insert > Page from File... – is the process I've been using for combining PDFs. After adding them, you're right, the PDF hyperlinks work fine. However, after saving and closing, the links are no longer active when I reopen the document. Alas, I'm stuck with the issue for the document's new version.

It seems like more of a software issue, which overrides my previous commands.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. I'm open to any other suggestions.

Combine PDFs in Preview on Mac – Hyperlinks (Problem)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.