Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to edit/change picture in picture setup in imovie

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 12:51 PM

5 replies

Jun 19, 2020 6:49 PM in response to Rich839

I want to know if after I have designed and implemented a movie using the picture in picture function, can I make changes after the fact? I have taken on more "faces" for the gallery and need more space to add another face shot. So I assume that once I make the initial setup, there are no more changes or additions/subtractions which can be make to my file?

fisher63

Jun 19, 2020 10:03 PM in response to fisher63

As I understand you, you are using PiP to make a collage of faces and need more space so you can add more faces.

If you are making a collage then you must be sharing out and importing back in after adding each face. Correct?

Assuming that the above is your procedure I see no way to reorganize the space without starting over.

— Rich

Jun 20, 2020 6:08 AM in response to Rich839

I have been making videos for a virtual choir performance and find that as more join, I need more space for their contribution to be seen using the PinP function. It would seem that one is stuck with the initial effort on the screen as subsequent images can only “squeeze” in over top of existing images-unfortunate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.