Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If system is compromised and hinders me to access is changing to a new email okay

I might need to change my ID and use a different email because my mac air is being accessed by another who prevents me free use of my mouse for techs to repair. It seems my email is used as as user to an outlook account.

If I change my Apple ID and set up a different email will I get locked out?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 8:50 PM

You shouldn't get locked out if you do an Apple ID email change on your existing Apple ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

If you have set your community preferences to receive emails from the posts you are following, click the Follow button at the top right to receive the emails.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 8:50 PM in response to fefeward

You shouldn't get locked out if you do an Apple ID email change on your existing Apple ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

If you have set your community preferences to receive emails from the posts you are following, click the Follow button at the top right to receive the emails.

Jun 22, 2020 9:42 PM in response to fefeward

Web sites and pop-ups can’t scan your Mac.

That’d be chaos. An utterly massive breach of security.

But those website scan post up scary messages, in the hopes of getting folks to install their malware.

Most Mac malware is deliberately installed by the user, too.

Remove the anti-malware or whatever installed here.

And change your Apple ID password.

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

Jun 22, 2020 9:25 PM in response to MrHoffman

Remote was granted to Geek Squad via Best buy and all appeared good until I accessed webroot and it read 216 threats and geek squad removed it down to 4. A free trial with malwarebytes removed all. Four days later the mouse and browser reappeared. They all failed to recognised a user with a microsoft outlook account had access.

If system is compromised and hinders me to access is changing to a new email okay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.