Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When you play a video from Apple Music in the Music app on Mac, sound does not transfer to homepod and you cannot select the homepod speaker in the Music app.

When you play a video from Apple Music in the Music app on Mac, sound does not transfer to homepod and you cannot select the homepod speaker in the Music app.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Music 1.0.5.14

Apple Music Membership held

Happily listen to music from apple music with output to my homepod, selected within apple music. When I switch to a music video from apple music, the homepod disconnects and sound is transferred to my macbook pro. You can't select the homepod speaker in the Music app, and clicking the speaker icon only makes the volume go to maximum on the macbook pro.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:30 AM

One assumes this is an intentional choice on Apple's part, rather than a bug, even if neither you or I agree with the logic. I suggest you use Feedback - macOS - Apple to request a change to this behaviour.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.