Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use keychain without 2 factor authentication?

I have the same icloud on all devices, everything is synced except my keychain. It is only one my one ipad, and my phone and other ipad when I try to turn on keychain, it tries to make me upgrade security to the most annoying thing to ever happen to iphones. The stupid 2 factor that they force on you at every turn. Everything is updated to the latest ios, I am at my wits end. I refuse to use 2 factor because if on My ipad, I don’t want to have to run to my phone to get a code to do something. It’s annoying and counterproductive. Any help? I just want my keychain on without 2 factor.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:04 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 24, 2020 2:34 PM in response to Heartburnkod

I resisted using 2FA for years until I set up my iPad Air 3. When I turned on Keychain, which I really wanted to use, I relented. Once I got used to it, it wasn’t bad at all though it does seem that I have to trust my devices more often than I should have to. I have 4 trusted Apple devices that can receive the codes, my phone number and my wife’s phone number as a second trusted number that can all get codes.

You really shouldn’t be getting prompted to enter the codes all that often and it should be seamless for the most part. You have several Apple devices so once you make the devices, trusted devices, you can get the code on the device that is asking for the code. If you choose to set it up, make sure that you also have one additional trusted phone number.

How can I use keychain without 2 factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.