Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For Apple Keychain, I turned on 2-factor authentication, turned on ICloud, and passwords and keychain. I don’t see any change in how my phone works. Have I missed a step?

How will I know Keychain is working. I turned on 2-factor identification, iCloud, and passwords and keychain, but I don’t see any difference in the operation of my phone. Do I need to do something else?

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:33 PM

No, you haven't missed anything. The beauty of 2FA is works IF you do something which requires 2FA. And Keychain stores your passwords as you enter then, which will show up when you need to open something with a password and you'll see the Keychain lock at that time, which you can tap, which will enter your password for you.

It's all very transparent, so if you were expecting something different looking after turning on 2FA or Keychain, you really won't see it. It just works seamlessly.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 12:33 PM in response to NotTheBestInformed

No, you haven't missed anything. The beauty of 2FA is works IF you do something which requires 2FA. And Keychain stores your passwords as you enter then, which will show up when you need to open something with a password and you'll see the Keychain lock at that time, which you can tap, which will enter your password for you.

It's all very transparent, so if you were expecting something different looking after turning on 2FA or Keychain, you really won't see it. It just works seamlessly.

For Apple Keychain, I turned on 2-factor authentication, turned on ICloud, and passwords and keychain. I don’t see any change in how my phone works. Have I missed a step?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.