Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't setup Yahoo in mail on Mojave

I've scoured the internet all day yesterday, and can't find a solution.

When I go to System Preferences->Internet Accounts and attempt to add Yahoo via the selection on the right hand side, I successfully create a Yahoo account in mail where I can receive messages, but cannot send. When I attempt to send mail, I get the following error:

Then, when I go to Mail->Preferences and select the Yahoo account, ,there isn't any way to view the mail settings (i.e., incoming, outgoing, use SSL, etc)!? Here's what is shown:

If I select the outgoing mail account drop down box, the only other option is to edit the SMTP Server List. So, I attempted to add a Yahoo SMTP entry in that list, but when I attempt to use it via the above screen, it displays temporarily in the drop down box, and then reverts to None in about 3 seconds.

So, I deleted that account and attempted to go back to System Preferences->Internet Accounts and create the Yahoo mail account 'manually' by selecting Mail Account instead of Yahoo!:

I enter in all the information, but in this instance, the program fails to sign in to my Yahoo account!? Here's the resultant screen:

This is very frustrating. Does anyone know how to integrate a Yahoo email account into the Mac mail?

Thanks,

Joe B.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 5:06 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 25, 2020 7:04 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the reply. I found that website yesterday too, however, the result is the same via that route as it is when I tried to manually set it up as shown above. The program can't log into my Yahoo account.

I certainly don't understand how the MAC can successfully log into my Yahoo account when I set it up 'automatically' vs 'manually'.

So, I'm still stuck....

Joe B.

Jun 27, 2020 6:50 AM in response to Sharhari

I couldn't remember if I tried the Connection Doctor or not, so, this AM I decided to add the account 'automatically' again, and try it.

When I went to add the yahoo account, I hit the Yahoo option on the right hand side, (I did not first hit the "add an account" ( '+' ) option followed by the Yahoo selection which is how I added that account every time prior to this attempt), and I didn't get the send error!? I attempted a second send to a different account, and I got the send error, so I hit the connection doctor (and noticed that I did try this before and it indicated it could not log into Yahoo then), but this time it passed. So, on the error screen, I hit 'try with selected server' (i.e., Yahoo) and the message went thru!?

So, it's kinda working now...hopefully I'll stop getting the send errors. Thanks for the help. I'll post back after a week or so to report how things are going.

Joe B.

Jul 4, 2020 10:38 AM in response to joefromstevensville

Follow up: Still a MAJOR problem.

EVERY time I send an email, the send fails. It will eventually send the msg, but it takes me 3-4 times hitting the 'Retry' button, or the 'Try with selected server' (Yahoo) button on the error pop up window that appears when the send fails.

I setup a yahoo account on my wife's Mac (also running Mojave 10.14.6) and her Mac has the exact same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Can't setup Yahoo in mail on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.