Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit Featured Photos on Iphone

I'm trying to add pictures to my Featured Photos Album when you go to FOR YOU tab in the Photos app , I was able to delete some but i cant find a way to add new ones

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 2:20 PM

I deleted all my featured photos too. They are now completely gone and my widget is just black. I’ve restarted my phone several times, the featured folder has not returned. Why would I want a computer selecting my photos and they don’t even choose from my favorites? Can someone help me get these back?

94 replies

Jul 10, 2020 6:23 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I added the pics as a widget to my first page, but want to be able to select the pic that will show.

Yesterday, the widget was showing my tomato plant.

Today, a bowl of soup.

I’d like to be able to edit the Features photos, otherwise why make pics available as widgets? I’m thinking the author has the same intention. I, however, don’t think this is a “bug” but rather a suggestion & will be submitting feedback. :)

Sep 4, 2020 2:49 AM in response to rodrigom21

i Sent Apple feedback on this but I’m also posting here. I’m hoping more people will do the same. The more people who suggest this increases the likelihood.

My suggestion is to have a choice of picking an album you wish to display, using photos you’ve selected as favorites, or add a way to edit or filter what can be picked as featured.

My other idea is to have other options like slideshow speed/ refresh rate, animations, effects, and etc. That suggestion is definitely secondary to being able to have more control over the pics displayed though.

hopefully enough people agree and say something about it for apple to recognize and implement it.

Jul 17, 2020 5:54 AM in response to Avantyoong

Thanks Avantyoong, but a few posts in this thread that talk about removing/editing:

”When you delete the featured photos, they will be deleted from your Photos Library and not just removed from the Featured album. Do that only, if you do not like the photo and want to delete it everywhere. Use the Remove command and not the Delete command.”

“I added the pics as a widget to my first page, but want to be able to select the pic that will show.

Yesterday, the widget was showing my tomato plant.

Today, a bowl of soup.

I’d like to be able to edit the Features photos, otherwise why make pics available as widgets? I’m thinking the author has the same intention. I, however, don’t think this is a “bug” but rather a suggestion & will be submitting feedback. :)”

Sep 24, 2020 6:30 PM in response to rodrigom21

I found I could delete from featured and it immediately selected replacement photos. My problem with that is I take a lot of photos that are work related, photo of text or an item I gave to replace and need to be able to show it to a supplier. Not something I want to see piping up on my Home Screen. If it would select featured from a set folder/folders we at least would have the ability to control what pops up

Jul 6, 2020 3:47 AM in response to alexfrommallorca

It seems reasonably obvious to me it's an intended action, not a bug. It's a featured photo. If you get a featured story on the news or a feature display in a shop, it's the shop or the newspaper that gets to decide what's featured.

If you have any suggestions that you think might enhance iCloud you can send Apple your feedback here.

Jul 20, 2020 3:25 PM in response to rodrigom21

When I woke up this morning I noticed something different from the Photos widget. So I’ve been having the same problems as all of you, but the widget had a new larger category of photos specifically for pictures of animal I had on my phone. I’m more impressed that apple was able to pick out animals from cats rabbits to a lemur.

I don’t have a photo of it on the widget but this is the auto photo category that was displayed on the widget. It’s now back to some 3 random photos from tho now.

Jul 22, 2020 1:41 AM in response to rodrigom21

I’m also dealing with that... I managed to choose the picture I wanted to see on my Photos Widget by removing all the featured photos except the one I wanted, but this morning my iPhone changed all my featured photos again and now I’m having a bad picture on my widget... I reported it as a suggestion because I don’t think it’s hard to add an option to choose just one picture to see 🤔

How to edit Featured Photos on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.