Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

intense cpu usage, console XPC.launchd errors, pmset 90% cpu, many log errors.

Hello. I unintentionally left my computer unattended where I perhaps shouldn't have and I since my fans have been full force frequently, I receive many console and log errors, and I've noticed that keypad and keyboard files had been accessed during that time. bridge was also activated, which I didnt know that I had. My remote management had also been adjusted. XPC.launchd. is prevalent in many of the logs and etre check indicates pmset runs at 90% CPU. Hoping that this is all just a random macbook issue. also, i didnt download the MRT file that my computer indicates. Thoughts? Thank you.

EtreCheckPro version: 6.2.6 (6C020)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 12:23 PM

I don't see any of the usual suspects in the report.

Try the following;

1 - How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

2 - Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

3 - boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and reboot normally.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 12:23 PM in response to jspLA

I don't see any of the usual suspects in the report.

Try the following;

1 - How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

2 - Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

3 - boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and reboot normally.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

intense cpu usage, console XPC.launchd errors, pmset 90% cpu, many log errors.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.